Friday, May 19, 2017

Nothingness

Sometimes it can be difficult to explain depression to others. At times, I find it easier to write about it. My thoughts are expressed best as poetry on some occasions. Here is one such occasion.

“Nothingness”

All these thoughts
Swirl in a mass of black
Like leaves scattered
I’ll never get them back

Numbness wraps around me
I can no longer feel
The world is void of color
Nothing seems real

A blank stare
An empty page
Just an eternity
Locked within a cage

Is there any hope
What was left has slipped away
I can’t go on like this
I’m just wasting away

2 comments:

Jean L said...

The words have a certain beauty, but they do scare me. Love you

redkitchen said...

They express my feelings on my hardest days. I don't always feel this desperate, but the ugly truth of depression is that sometimes I do. I love you, too.

"Rising"

"Rising" With your words, you tried to kill me, and I lay hurt and wounded for some time. I had to fight and claw my way b...