Friday, June 2, 2017

"Conqueror"

Well, this is finally a happy poem! I've been feeling a bit more on the cheerful side today. As is the case with depression, this is subject to change, but I'm enjoying this while it lasts. Here is a poem that captures my thoughts on these feelings I'm experiencing on this dreary Friday.

“Conqueror”
Rays of sunshine
Breaking through
Sparkle like diamonds
On the morning dew

Night has passed
Morning has come again
Darkness is now gone
New life can begin

Open up my eyes
See the light of day
Hope for a bright future
Now lights my way

Healing, cleansing
The process from within
Changing, shaping
Revealing who I’ve been

Who I will be
Is someone clothed in light
Who broke through in victory
And conquered the night



A Legacy of Love and Faith

This year I've had to bid farewell to the last of my grandparents - my father's mother and father. While I'm sad to see the...