Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"Older"


“Older”

Pictures, memories, time gone by
Fleeting moments, sands of time
Quickly they came, more quickly they slipped away
All my yesterdays ran into today.

I didn’t know at the time
That at no other place would I find
Such peace, such joy, such utter bliss
As I had during this season of happiness.

Why is it that now
I am older, yet younger somehow?
So much I thought I knew back then,
Now I just feel empty from deep within.

Years I’ve gained, but time I’ve lost, 
Like a boat, on the waves, tossed.
Constantly yearning, trying to reach the shore.
Yet when I do, looking back, always wanting more.

4 comments:

Abeer said...

What a beautiful poem. I really enjoyed reading it. You're such a talented writer.

Kelsie Kristine Sabers said...

Beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing!

Ophelia T said...

I love your poem. It was very insightful and beautifully written. Thanks for posting.
XOXO //SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

Luci Coo said...

Really beautiful poem. You couldn't have written it any better.

Beginning of the School Year: 2017-2018

It's hard to believe that another summer break has come and gone, and yet here we are two weeks into our school year already. Things ...