Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"Beauty"


"Beauty

Leaves of green, signs of new growth
Remind me that I, too, can start again.
Though I’ve made mistakes and lost my way,
This is a new day and another chance to begin.

A fresh outlook, the rain has washed my eyes clean,
Illuminating the path ahead for me.
The sun now shines upon a new day,
So much beauty I’m yet to see.

Stepping forward, into the light.
Breathing in the scent of peace.
Choosing to let go of yesterday.
No longer a prisoner, I’ve been released.

Walking in this garden I helped to grow,
Through toil and tears, sweat and love,
I learn to appreciate all that I am,
And to bask in Love from up above.

4 comments:

My Veteran Woman Life said...

Great way to explain what it's like living with a mental health condition. I also blog about these issues if you would like to follow me https://www.myveteranwomanlife.com

My Veteran Woman Life said...

Great way to explain what it's like living with a mental health condition. I also blog about these issues if you would like to follow me https://www.myveteranwomanlife.com

redkitchen said...

Thank you. I want to try to help those who do not live with a mental health condition understand what it's like or at least learn how to feel empathy. I'm headed over to follow you now.

redkitchen said...

Also, my son is a combat veteran. He was in the infantry in the Army.

Beginning of the School Year: 2017-2018

It's hard to believe that another summer break has come and gone, and yet here we are two weeks into our school year already. Things ...