Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Our best school day so far this year

We started back last Monday (11th.) Today we read a really good book about Christopher Columbus's voyage to the new world. Then we made the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria out of aluminum foil, toothpicks, and white paper. We floated them in the bathtub and used our breath as the wind to carry them from Spain to America (actually from one end of the bathtub to the other.) Dc had a wonderful time! This was especially encouraging because we've had a bit of a difficult start this school year and weren't sure how much we liked Adventures. Suffice it to say we're getting in the groove now. If I knew how to post pics, I'd have taken some pictures of our activity today. I promise I'm going to learn how to do it so you guys can actually "see" what we're up to around here, if you dare! :P

2 comments:

Abby said...

How fun! I'm so glad you started a blog, I love reading your posts on HSR & the WP yahoo loop. Very insightfull & full of love.

Two years ago, an exact replica of the Nina came to our town. It was drizzling & we were the only people on the boat. We were shown a couple of things that the crew normally can't show b/c of crowds. It's one of my favorite family memories.

Happy Blogging!
Abby (janeaustenfan at HSR)

redkitchen said...

Thanks for the kind words, Abby. Your Nina experience sounds wonderful. What a special memory your family will always have.
~Jen, freeindeed

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...