Friday, June 10, 2011

School Year 2011-2012, Week 1

Wow, wow, wow!!! I love Sonlight! I'm gushing, I know, but it's true. This week has been wonderful. If you've ever seen a Sonlight catalog, you know how fabulous their marketing department is. You might have wondered, as I did, if Sonlight could really be as terrific as they make it sound. Well, for my family, it is! We have had wonderful discussions this week as we read great history books & historical fiction, and this is just the beginning. We've also studied Scripture, memorized Bible verses, conducted scientific experiments, learned to sing "The Stars and Stripes Forever," and written a persuasive argument paragraph--by the way, how many of you think "Doodles" should get an Ipod touch for Christmas? Also, Baby Girl learned about the letter "B."
Doodles' Native American project: hut
Bugs is shucking corn for his project
Bugs' Native American project: corn chowder


Baby Girl eats a "bear" (Teddy Graham) for the letter "B"


Letter "b" made with Baby Girl's Alpha Dough
Science experiment: demonstrating that hot air takes up more space than cold air

No comments:

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...