Thursday, July 28, 2011

Montessori inspired activities

Well, on the downside of things, Baby Girl is still not feeling quite herself...three weeks after her tonsillectomy & she's still having some trouble. We go to the doctor tomorrow, so we're praying that things will get better soon. She's napping now, so I thought I'd share some pictures (thanks to my dear friend for giving me her old camera) of some of the materials I'm working on for Baby Girl's schooling. Now if she can just get well, we can really start working with these materials!
Water pouring activity-I just rinsed an old body wash bottle and an ice cream container. Eventually Baby Girl will "graduate" to dropper activities and pouring water from pitcher to cup


Sandpaper letters, numbers, shapes, and symbols--I made these myself!
Counting bears
Dry erase board placed at Baby Girl's eye level
(We worked on drawing circles--hand over hand)
Alpha dough language kit
Magnetic letters and magnet board
Dress-up basket

Stamp pads with letter and number stamps
Foam blocks









2 comments:

Deb Chitwood said...

I hope your daughter is feeling better. Great job of putting together Montessori-inspired materials inexpensively! Wishing you the best in your homeschooling journey! :) Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

redkitchen said...

Thank you, Deb. My daughter is better today. And thanks for the inspiration your blog provides! :)

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...