Sunday, August 8, 2010

So Long, Insecurity--Chapters 3 & 4

Today we discussed prominent false positives, in other words, what is the ONE thing you feel would make you more secure? Would it be, possibly:
1. a more attentive husband?
2. to be thinner?
3. to be more beautiful?
4. to have more money?
5. to be smarter?
6. to be more popular?
7. to have a more esteemed career?
8. to own a larger/nicer home?
9. something else?

What we need to realize is that no ONE thing will truly make us more secure. True security comes only from Jesus Christ. He alone is the one we should look to for our security.

We also looked at examples of insecurity in the Bible. Several Biblical personalities are listed in Chapter 4. The question is, which one do you most identify with? I chose Moses. I certainly can identify with his fear of public speaking. I was terrified of teaching this Bible study, but I'm so glad that I chose to do it. I have to remember that it's God who is working in me & speaking through me. *I* don't take charge of this, He does. As long as I keep the focus on Him, then I don't have to worry about what *I* might do to mess it up or what others think of *me.*

No comments:

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...