Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Tweaking" Schedules

There is something that every homeschooler needs to know: the curriculum is your tool, not your master. While we follow the Sonlight Instructor Guide schedule, we also do some of our Sonlight reading outside of "school" time. I read a chapter from our read-aloud to the children after supper on some nights. Often the children choose to read their independent reading books in bed at night. Also, as I've previously posted, we have added hands-on activities to our studies. Just remember: don't be afraid to change things up a bit, think outside the box, and do what works best for your family!

1 comment:

RandiePandie said...

Hear, hear! Couldn't have said it better myself :-D

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...