Thursday, August 11, 2011

Teaching Home Ec Creatively


Beach cake-made by Doodles
 Home Ec is probably one of my favorite subjects to teach...and my children don't even realize when I'm teaching it! Often they fix lunch on their own or help me cook supper. Of course they have chores, such as helping with yard work, folding laundry, unloading & loading the dishwasher, taking out the trash, and dusting. But, the most fun we have is playing "Chopped." If you're not familiar with this Food Network TV show, here's a link: Chopped. Playing this game helps my kiddos to get creative in the kitchen and learn to cook while having a blast!

No comments:

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...