Saturday, April 1, 2017

Self-Care: Important and Fun

Ah, the lovely face mask look! This is "Cackle Spackle" from Perfectly Posh. My local consultant gave me a sample. This mask is for detoxifying.

 
And this is "Totes Oats," also from Perfectly Posh.  It's a calming mask.


Here are the results: I have on NO makeup here.

I'm quite pleased with both products. I feel the combination of the two left my skin brighter and softer, and they left me feeling happier. The products helped me take care of my skin and myself.  And taking care of myself has become very important to me these days. In the past I often didn't take the time to do much for myself, but lately I've become obsessed (truly, not sure if that's a healthy word, but that's what I am) with practicing self-care. I look for ways to treat myself. I make sure to schedule in something that I enjoy each day. It's a vital part of helping me to cope healthily with my depression and anxiety and also helping me to find my identity outside that of special needs parent. I have a list of several things from which to choose: go outside for a walk or just to sit, exercise, take a long bath, try new facial products (obviously!), read a book, color in my "grown up" coloring books using my "fancy" gel pens, write (poetry, my feelings, ideas for my novel), watch Netflix, drink decaf, go to lunch with a friend, buy new makeup, buy new hair accessories (yes, those of with pixie cuts can accessorize!), just goof off on my phone, listen to music, plan next year's homeschool curriculum lineup, and a few other things that I've forgotten at the moment. It's not selfish to take care of yourself. I had to learn that the hard way. So I encourage you all to find ways to treat yourself, and then make the time to do it. You won't regret it. As a motivation for you all, leave a comment stating at least one way in which you plan to care for yourself this week. Then come back and leave a comment after you actually do it!

No comments:

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...