Sunday, June 13, 2010

Insecurity Issues?

Well, as I'm praying and preparing to teach a Bible study on Beth Moore's book So Long Insecurity, the following verses have come to mind. These words from Scripture should encourage us to be secure in the truth of what God says about us:

1. God cares for us and sees us as worthy...yes, the very same God who created the entire universe. Scripture tells us this is so in Psalm 8:3-5.
"When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor."

2. God's love for us is everlasting.-- Jeremiah 31:3.
"The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: 'Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.'"

3. Jesus came to set us free. Why do we allow ourselves to become slaves of insecurity? Jesus fulfilled the prophecy given in Isaiah about setting captives free. Read the entire chapter of Isaiah 61 and Luke 4:16-30.

No comments:

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...