Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pre-Handbook of Nature Study Nature Studies







I've already started reading it , and I absolutely love it. We've always incorporated nature study into our schooling, but I've been dying to have this book for several years now. It's an excellent resource and gives guidelines and other information--859 pages worth--of nature study ideas, tips, etc. It's recommended by http://amblesideonline.org/ which is one curriculum source I'm pulling from for this upcoming school year. Anyway, here are a few pictures of some nature study ideas we're already doing: 1) A moth rests on my daughter's hand. 2) My daughter feeds some peach skins to the caterpillar we caught. 3)Our hydrangeas are beautifully blooming.

1 comment:

Soojung Jo said...

Hydrangeas. Love. Thank you for sharing!

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...