Saturday, June 15, 2013

Homeschooling and Life: Week of June 10-16, 2013

We had a great week this past week. School went well, and we all enjoyed some special family times together. Hubby and I had a date night this week, which is always nice! And, yep, we are still in full swing with our schooling, but we will take a break for the majority of July and the first few days of August. Then we'll hit it up again on August 12....when I'll have a 7th grader, a 5th grader, and a preschooler. Can't wait!

Treat of the week

Doodles is studying Africa, so she researched African art and sketched this piece.

Doodles sketched this African mask

Doodles wrote this poem, and...

illustrated it here.

Doodles wrote this report for her Africa study.

Doodles sketched this as part of our Asian art study

Bug had to be blindfolded and then perform a task as part of his Narnia unit study.

Task I chose: feed the dogs

He did a really great job!

Bug studied some of the names for God as part of his Narnia unit study

Just for fun, Bug looked through some of our science experiment books and chose a few.

Freezing his hands for 30 seconds, and then trying to...

pick up a grain of rice.

Doodles helped Bug trace his hand for his math study on the area of irregular shapes.

Bug is such a great big brother. He has rocked Baby Girl to sleep three times this week.

Baby Girl LOVES her big brother!

I can't say enough good things about Further Up and Further In. It is a wonderful study. We are on the last book of the Narnia series, The Last Battle. This is a worksheet we will use to compare the characters and events in the book with those in Revelation.

Baby Girl really enjoys eating bacon. Yummy!

We moved ahead to Baby Girl's summer book, even though it's not officially summer yet. But, here, in the south, believe me...it's summer!!!

Baby Girl's summer time verse from the summer book mentioned above.

Chocolate chip cookies I baked for hubby and the kids

Low carb, migraine free muffins I baked for myself: cream cheese, eggs, and Nectresse

I topped my muffins with homemade blueberry syrup: fresh blueberries, microwaved for a few seconds, and then mashed and mixed with Nectresse...yummy!!!

No comments:

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...