Russian Studies

Today we read Peter and the Wolf and then watched a video, both of which I've linked in this post. I highly recommend the book, but the video was a little strange and contained some violence. Although animated, it was a little unnerving. First of all, the eyes of the characters were creepy. Secondly, the wolf clawed Peter in the face, and thirdly, the thing that I found most disturbing, one of the hunters pushed and shoved Peter and then threw him in a dumpster and pointed a gun in his face. So, as I stated, the book is great, but you should preview the video first and then decide if you think your children should watch it. I allowed my children--ages 7 and 10-- to watch the video, but we discussed the negative features and also bullying and gun safety. One more day in Russia, and then next week we're off to Romania!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Out of the Dark

Remind Me