Monday, May 20, 2013

A Mini-Vaction Week: May 13-19, 2013

No, we didn't leave town for this little break. We just had a week off from "school." But you know what? We were still learning! While I look forward to getting back into the "regular" school routine this week, it was nice to have some down time last week. Doodles and Bug performed in our homeschool group's play on Monday night, and everyone did a fabulous job! They all earned a little time off for fun...that's for sure! I discovered a tasty little low carb product, plus I gathered my summer "teacher" reading materials. See, lots of learning still went on here. Just take a look:

My summer reading :)

Treat of the week

Baby Girl at our picnic lunch

The kids enjoying some time outside...Doodles keep her hiding her face. Silly girl!

Baby Girl chilling out at our picnic

Our lunch: chicken salad, homemade hash browns


Trying to surround Baby Girl in a giant bubble...BAD idea. She just kept splashing the bubble solution in her eyes.

Bug read some of Aesop's Fables. He LOVES these!

Paper football tournament

Park Day: Baby Girl on the swing

Baby Girl playing near the slide

Getting ready to slide

She did it!

Enjoying some refreshment at the park

Cuddling at the park...mommy and Baby Girl

Bug and Doodles on the swings

Bug at the park

Bug and I enjoyed an afternoon on our swing

Doodles and I sitting on the swing...she showed her face this time!

Bug being silly with a leaf

Baby Girl LOVES to hang out with Daddy when he plays the guitar

Baby Girl and Daddy

More Daddy and Baby Girl jam session time!

I tried bronzer for the first time. I like it, but it took some time to get the hang of it!

This is REALLY good! I drink lots of water, and sometimes I need a little flavor in it. This has 0 calories and 0 carbs, so it's great for me. This is pineapple coconut. They also have strawberry kiwi and pink lemonade, plus a few more flavors I don't recall. Very tasty!



1 comment:

The Real Mom said...

I think I need to come try out your coconut "water" before I buy my own, just in case. You know I have a love/hate relationship with coconut!
You've gotta get that girl to quit hiding her pretty face. Teenagers! Gah!

Self-Care That's Not So Fun

As promised in my previous post, I am now going to talk about self-care that's not so much fun. This kind of self-care involves thin...